Turkish 100’s – T101-105(Beginner to Elementary)
We divided the beginner level into 5 levels.
T 101: Absolute Beginner
If dont know anything, or just some greetings and words but nothing else, we recommend you to start at T101
T 102: Beginner
If you know daily formal, informal greetings, numbers, colors, to be form and construct some basic sentences with var/yok, you can start at T102
Completing first two semesters, students will be able to:
• understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases.
• introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
• interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
• explain their daily routine and ask questions daily activities.
Turkish 103, 104: Advance Beginner
If you are able to use verbs and feel comfortable with basic conversation using continuous tense and past tense and if you have some vocabulary to communicate, you can start one of these levels after our consultation.
Completing the last two/three semesters, students will be able to:
• understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance. E.g.: basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment and some health problems
• communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
• describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need and give directions.
• express their experiences in the past.
Turkish 200’s- T201-205 (Elementary to Low. Intermediate)
This level consist of 5 semesters.
If you can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to most relevant topics.
If you are able to exchange routine dialogues, this level is for you. After our consultation, we can decide which T200 is good for you.
Completing these semesters, students will be able to:
• understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
• deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
• produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
• describe experiences and events, facts, talk about future plans
• be more comfortable about asking requests and give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
• use simple present tense, future tense and past tenses, and some model verbs confidently
Turkish 300’s- T301-306 (Intermediate to Upper Intermediate)
If you have a clear understanding of main topics and be able to put input and describe experiences and feel comfortable with spontaneous conversation, this level is good for you. Please consult with us which T300 is good for you.
Full Intermediate level consist of 6-7 semesters.
Completing full intermediate level, students will be able to:
• understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
• interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without pressure.
• produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options. E.g.: Renting, buying an products, job applications, discussing about news
• read authentic texts and be able to summarize it in their own words.
Turkish 400’s T401-406 (Upper Int./Advance)
If you are able to understand and express complex issues and feel comfortable talking and understanding abstract context, this level is good for you. Please consult with us which T400’s are good for you.
Upp-Int./Advance level consist of 6-7 semesters.
Completing full Upper-int level, student will be able to:
• understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
• express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
• use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
• produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
We offer Translation, Book and Conversation clubs.
At this moment both of our clubs are only offered to Intermediate level students and above.
We read classic and contemporary Turkish books, stories, poems and discuss the plot, characters, history, sociological and philosophical aspects of the books in Turkish. We also analyze the books' grammatical structure and go over the language.
In each class, we discuss about one topic that was determined in the syllabus. We discuss about the recent events/news in Turkey and each student do a little presentation about the topic given. We support the lessons with idioms, proverbs and daily expressions in addition to covering some advance grammatical forms that students have difficulty with.
Each class we study on authentic materials and translate them into English. We also analyze the grammatical structure of the texts.